Monday, August 24, 2009

Holiday resolution


Aren't holidays great? :-) I love the sense of freedom, both physically and mentally. I can spend ages sitting on a beach looking out to sea or balancing some rocks, enjoying all the conversations that rush around inside my head. I always have bright ideas when Im on holiday and I also get a good clarity on whats important in my world.
Forget New Year for making resolutions - Holiday time is when I make my resolutions. I invariably resolve to get on with something when I return, and this year was no exception.
And so on my return from holiday, I set about clearing the garage out so I could get some good access to the trike again. I chucked out the fridge freezer that we used for storing drinks in and I stripped the piano string frame to its bare minimum and moved it into the garden where it now sits as a bit of musical sculpture. And so the project can start again :-)

2 comments:

TREVOR said...

An unrelated question. Did you make the stone sculpture? Following your recommendation i had a go some time back and found it very difficult. Perhaps I should go on holiday.

spideytim said...

Yes - thank you for asking - I did create that one :-) (its one of many)
I think that one took about an hour of back-breaking 'stillness' to get it to balance...... and I think thats why people find it difficult..... sitting still for hours thinking you are wasting your time.
I think it takes at least 20 minutes before the noise in your head will settle down - after that its quite amazing what 'comes' to you - and the moment where the rocks finally balance (they feel as if they have welded together) is a fantastic feeling :-)
Often, when I've done it, I will sit back and admire my work - and it delights me to watch people walk by and smile and point at the balanced rocks - there is something clearly very attractive about it :-)