Saturday, February 19, 2011

A slightly new direction

So the rebuild is complete, the test runs are successful, and the story comes to an end......... well, not quite!

When my Vespa arrived in its sorry state several months ago, I decided to document its resurrection via this blog - A blog that was initially set up to record the creation of a Trike.  I guess the flavour of this blog has always been about nuts and bolts, solving problems and creating stuff, blood, sweat & tears and good old fashioned hand skills.  With this in mind, I'm hoping that maybe I will get back soon to continuing the Trike project and writing about it here.

But now that the Vespa is pretty well complete I'm not sure that its story should continue here.  The story about the Vespa now is not so much about its revival, but more about its travels - and so a new blog is born. www.2vespas2italy.blogspot.com
With only a couple of hundred miles of Vespa riding experience, and fueled by mid-life angst I appear to have got myself into an enthusiastic commitment to ride, with a friend (another Vespa virgin) our scooters from England to the Italian riviera.

Heroic or foolish?  Interesting or boring? Scotty and I are going to blog about our adventure - its only a 2 week trip, and we dont go for several weeks yet - however, the 'journey' starts now

www.2vespas2italy.blogspot.com

No comments: