Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Black Spanner is back


Its been over a year since the black spanner and I enjoyed each others company. In that time its been gathering dust and generally been getting in the way of other mini projects.
A year ago I was planning to make a jigging fixture that would hold all the necessary lumps in the right places while i welded a frame around them. And today I implemented my year old plan

As you can see from the photo, ive taken 2 lengths of 40mm kitchen worktop (i figured that these would be stable enough to hold everything pretty well steady) - joined them at one end to from a T - you can probably guess which end is forward and which is back. I ran a circular saw cut along the lengths before bolting them together and will use these as my centerline references.
Ive bolted underneath 4 heavy duty castors (courtesy of The voice of reason - trust him to have a set clean and available) so i can now move the project around a bit to get better access to it in my tiny garage.

There is nothing especially clever about what ive done here other than the fact that ive actually done something! and boy that made me feel so good. I am so looking forward to making the black spanner a priority again :-)

No comments: