Thursday, May 15, 2008

building momentum


Ive been feeling frustrated (again) - having blown the dust off the black spanner, I was feeling like I would never have time to get back into the garage - there always seems to be too many other priorites - not least having to work to earn a living.
So what to do? well, clearly the only thing to do was go and work in the garage while I was supposed to be working for my employer! :-/ Actually, it was my boss who suggested it!
Could i use the time in the garage productively to think about stuff while i was tinkering?

Im not sure if i was very productive for my paymaster (though i do feel less stressed after 3 hours of metal bashing - and surely they will benefit from be being a bit more smiley) and i did write a few notes later in the afternoon on some clarity that came to me about a bit of work we are doing at the moment. Whatever, I think this is an experiment that requires some further research :-)

So Ive got the rear axle clamped square and true to the jig mounting frame. I enjoyed getting back to a bit of sawing, filing and welding. My welding is rubbish; im using a little 120A stick welder, and i was doing it outside in the rain. I comfort myself that my pigeon muck is plenty good enough for the time being for jig brackets - frame welding will require some new kit and lots of practice

No comments: