Wednesday, February 25, 2009

All good things must come to an end




TVOR and I had been pondering on what would be the perfect length of a welding course. Initially I had thought that one day would surely be enough to pick up enough tips and tricks to go off and practice at home. But after doing the first day of this course, I was very glad to be looking forward to a second day to do more practice under the guidance of an expert.
However come the end of day 2... i was pretty bushed and needed some time out to think about what I'd learnt. So all in all I think a 2-day welding course is just about right..... which is probably why CWW design it that way.
While TVOR was having a go at fillet welding stainless steel and aluminium, I finished off my course with welding up the section of my own pipe that id bought with me - a section of the real tube that I will be using for the Trike. In theory the next proper bit of welding I might be doing after this course is highly likely to be on the trike for real - so I had to bite the bullet at some stage.
Im not convinced it was my best bit of welding that day, but I was sure as heck happy enough with it and there is no way those bits of metal are going to come apart - this is going to be a safe trike as well as a good looking one too.
So thanks to TVOR for being there and sharing the experience with me, and thanks to Tom for his support and encouragement

No comments: