Sunday, February 10, 2013

Saw, Bend, Grind, Weld

The whole process was much slower than I had expected.  
After we had worked out and perfected our bending and fishmouth techniques, I was hoping it was going to be a simple case of "just do it!"   But it turned out that every step of the way was just as tricky as the step before.  We seemed to keep kidding ourselves that "once we've done this bit, it'll be easy!"
Nothing was 'easy', but we did have an increasing skill to sort out each problem, and I did find it increasingly more exciting to see the whole thing starting to take shape (albeit slowly)







This whole weekend was supposed to be as much a pleasure as it was to build a trike frame - and it was - but I was always slightly pressured by the ever decreasing time we had available.  I certainly didn't want to be leaving Jo on sunday evening with a half-finished frame on his bench that he couldn't move out of his way ready for work on monday morning.  And so I did feel a slight growing tension on sunday to get this thing as a rolling chassis - and yet at the same time I wanted to enjoy the chatting and cups of tea and general flopping around that you do when you are relaxed.
Jo seemed relaxed about it all, and so I tried to also.

No comments: