Sunday, December 24, 2006

Any Excuse

Im getting some space organised now in the garage. when you actually lay out the parts - there isnt really very much to this project. Ive now got it all in line. Wheels on the rear axle, axle aligned with gearbox/engine, and engine aligned with front end held up by a cross brace of wood... and its looking good. its definitely going to be low.
If the project had to finish here and now I'd be satisfied :-)

The trouble with working in a poky garage in a poky house is that in order for other life to function some of the garage space is compromised as storage space for things like cans of decorating paint and freezers for keeping stuff in that wont fit in the one in the kitchen (- what sort of stuff wont fit in the kitchen freezer?? dogs? shopping trolleys? a boat?) and so I am lumbered with a freezer unit in my garage. However, I have the enviable powers to turn shit into gold, and the crappy circumstance of having a domestic appliance in my way for most of the time does give me the excuse to slip out into the garage more regularly than i might normally be allowed to; Everytime the wife needs something from the freezer in the garage, i jump to volunteer to get it for her. And when im in there I simply cant help myself from sitting in the saddle (patio chair) grasping those handle bars and imagining myself riding like the wind. it brings a smile to my face every time :-)

It does take a bit of explaining sometimes as to why it takes me 20 minutes to find the oven chips, but even the most fleeting of visits to the garage can be just as exciting - Just seeing the shape of the 45 degree raked front forks through the frosted garage door window makes my pulse race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only is this an impressive project but I can see a future in journalism/writing looming. Makes an MGB look very tame. I expect the sub £500 wire wheels to be an easy challenge for you now.... thanks for the beer....