Sunday, December 03, 2006

Liberated

Me AND the engine :-)
Ive worked hard this weekend to get all chores done so that i could get a good half day in the garage - and boy did i enjoy myself. With a bit of grunt, ive got the engine and rear axle out. Just in case anyone is interested, I can just about lift the engine/gearbox lump on my own, and I can carry the chassis on my own.... and thats what makes this project so great - you dont need special facilities to do anything..... correction - a ball joint breaker would have been useful.
I was wondering about using the chassis as an alignment / welding jig for the trike frame, but actually its such a huge and awkward shape, ive decided to get rid. Ive got it on ebay for a tenner (if it doesnt go, then its rag-and-bone man for it) ive also go the front suspension, steering stuff, heater matrix, towbar and fuel tank on ebay to try and recoup a bit of cash. Which reminds me, it wasnt until i'd dropped out the fule tank that i realised how much petrol was in it.... i managed to get 15 litres out of it which i put straight into the wifes car - that must be worth nearly 15 quid..... ive got my fingers crossed that i havent also put rust and water into her car too :-/

No comments: