Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thank you


I'd just like to officially record my Thanks to TVOR and Hughie for encouraging me to make my own axle clamps.
I didn't want to do it. I'd have been happy to pay someone to make them for me. But I have made them myself and Ive loved every moment and feel rather proud of my work.
I have to say though, that its cost me considerably more to make them myself rather than pay an engineering shop to make them for me - my files, new scribe, square and layout blue came to more than a couple of machined lumps of steel - however, now i can make axle clamps for ever more. if anyone needs a pair making, I'm the man - £60 a pair.
So Thanks for the encouragement - I so nearly missed out on a lot of fun and a little bit of self-fulfillment :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the Government is trying to get every school leaver to go to university? If (and only IF they stay the course to the end) they end up with a degree they can look forward to a desk job in most cases.This is great for some but what about the guys who scraped onto the course? Would they not have been better served by going into an apprentership? You have just experienced the satisfaction of creating something special and it's all yours, you have the ability. Spare a thought for the guys sitting behind their desks wishing they had taken another route to happyness.

spideytim said...

I do spare a thought for those guys.... then i laugh out loud, turn the music up and get back to my filing :-D