Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Thinking time

Oh what a disappointment. I had it all planned that I would get the scooter and parts all powder-coated this week, but when I phone Redditch shotblasting
***** News Flash******
TVOR BUYS A 1956 LAMBRETTA LD150
Old man has new excuse to fiddle in his shed
Watch this space for links to project progress
**********************
..But when I phoned Redditch shot blasting, they told me they couldnt do it this week..... and from next week I am on holiday (who would have though that a holiday would be so inconvenient).... so for one reason or another I can get the thing painted now for at least 6 weeks! Will it be all rusty again by then?
I am trying not to get too disappointed about this - in the grand scheme of things it doesn't actually make much difference to how quickly I get it back on the road - even painted I couldnt have done any rebuild for several weeks anyway. And so I am going to take the opportunity to reflect on the journey so far and think about colours and graphics - I am going to be in Italy for a a few weeks so will do lots of field research on Vespas in their natural habitat

No comments: