Thursday, November 18, 2010

Engine in

Up with the lark again to see if I can get the engine back into its frame before work.
Remind me to buy myself a little trolley jack - it would have made it so much easier to lift the engine the necessary 8" off the ground and into position.  As it happened, lots of blocks of wood and plenty of swearing did the trick.  Its not that its heavy to lift or that the mounting is difficult to access, but it is difficult to get access all around the engine when you are trying to hold the blimmin thing at the same time.
Of course it all went back into place easily - its only just come out afterall.
Connected up fuel and oil pipes (I really want to get the 2-stroke oil settling into the system before i start her up).
And then it was time for work - Though I was happy to leave it there.  This was a momentous occasion (arent they all?) - the engine was securely back in the frame and I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.... again :-/

No comments: