Monday, January 29, 2007

So much to do and so little time to do it

Can you believe it? A whole weekend gone and not a moment spent on the Trike.
Ive spent the most of the weekend working - I guess it has to happen sometimes - and im commited to preparing the site for my soon to arrive garden office. So Im not complaining, but i did feel a little gloomy when i went into the garage for a spanner to tighten my branch loppers, and i saw my creation patiently waiting for a little more love.... Actually it was the smell of the thing that made me yearn - i love the smell of grubby oil.
Despite not having done anything on my Trike thins weekend I have actually seen two other Trikes. The first was whistling along the road as i was about to pull out of a junction. Much to the anoyance of the driver behind me, I hung on until the trike drove past...... It looked rubbish (too square, too high, too utilitarian - based on a motor bike engine)
The second one was on TV - its the one that Billy Connolly rides on his tour of New Zealand. Lots of people have told me about this programme, but ive not seen it before. The Trike looks nice and clean, but but Im not convinced about proportions and shape - once again its motorcycle based....... The one thing I am most certainly impressed with though is the driving through New Zealand.... Oh my gosh, how great would that be to have all that space and sun and freedom.
Hmmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to ship the Trike out to NZ for a holiday of a lifetime? :-)

3 comments:

Alex Johnson said...

If you're getting a garden office, you might be interested in my site at http://shedworking.blogspot.com and the bimonthly lifestyle magazine I produce (free) called The Shed for people who work in sheds and shedlike atmospheres.

Cheers,

Alex (alex@splashmedia.co.uk)

Anonymous said...

like the blog shame about the hair please return style to the 60's love auntie Jack

Anonymous said...

Spidey, today is Tuesday 29th January 2008, exactly one year since you last updated the blog. You need to get triking again.....!
Hughie