Friday, May 14, 2010

Costing me money already

Fortunately my wife will never read this - she is a fine woman, and she lets me enjoy my projects, but shes not so interested to ever want to read this - which means i can relatively safe in sharing details of expenditures!
Bearing in mind that this is an intermission project - just for fun - and I am only tinkering on it - just for fun - there shouldnt be any need to spend money on this........ except that the ignition key (and there was only one) was fractured and sure enough it broke off in the ignition barrel. So what was I to do? leave it at that and not ever know if the bike could run? No. I decided I would get a new ignition barrel - just to see if I could get it started.... but then do I buy a single barrel? or a set of 3 so that i could use the same key on ignition, toolbox and seat? Well, on the assumption that I might get it going to a point that I might ride the thing, and I didnt want to be messing with the crease of my mod suit by filling the pockets with a collection of keys, I went for the set.

Ive found a great scooter shop in Birmingham www.gransportscooters.com - theyve got some fab bikes there, all the parts i'd ever need and some helpful advise on how to, say..... remove a damaged ignition barrel. The 3 barrels cost £18 (but as I say, they were able to show me what the haynes manual couldnt) So with a few other nuts and bolts - Ive now spent a grand total of £24 on this bike

No comments: