Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How do you eat an elephant?.... one slice at a time.

Im starting to realise why scooters are such fun - I haven't even driven one farther than the end of my road yet, and i'm already being seduced by the magic - they are so simple to work on. I think this is why the Trike has stalled for a bit - i need a large lump of time to get it over the next hump of building the chassis - its not a sort of job that you do a half hour here and half hour there on, and so progress is waiting for me to dedicate some serious time.
I have decided to get a press on and try the scooter though an MOT (regardless of cosmetics). So that means making sure brakes, bearings and suspension are good, all electrics work, and..... what else??
Im going to do a little bit as often as I can - in lunch break sized bits.
I started with the front brake today. And as I say - its all just so lovely to work on. Within an hour I had taken off the drum, inspected, cleaned, adjusted,replaced and washed my hands.
All looked good in there. Shoes have lots of life in them, no scoring or glazing. bearing looks fine.
I think I can be confident of that bit going through the MOT.
Tomorrow I'll have a look at the rear brake

No comments: