Monday, May 17, 2010

Test drive

Well we already know that she starts well, so after a quick dash (not on the scooter - in the car!) to the petrol station with the scooter rear wheel in hand for a pump up (i wonder if thats a puncture?)
I quickly reassembled the wheel and pushed her out onto the road.
Kick start - easy
Engine - sweet
Smoke - of course, but not bad
Clutch in - feels good
First gear - nice
Gently release clutch - WheyHey! it bites well, whoops - bit of a wheelie - And we're off!
I know I shouldnt but our road is a cul-de-sac, it was a quiet time of day, and the sun was out - so perfect for a test run. Brakes work, goes through all gears, accelerates sharper than I was expecting - Sweet :-)
Thanks to Daisy for capturing a quick pic of the momentous occasion.
I did two runs up and down (I could have done more but there was paying work to get on with)
and parked her up very satisfied :-)
So what do I do now? I think Ive got to start getting it ready for an MOT - I wonder what that entails?

No comments: