Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Helmets

I asked Hugh what he thought about Helmets - Ive never owned one, and only ever put one on once - about 30 years ago!. And I'm going to need one just to get the bike to the MOT center. His answer?.....

"I can't offer much personal advice on helmets. The general advice has always been that you should pay the maximum and get the best you can afford. Sounds like advice from a helmet manufacturer to me.
If I was you I would head down to somewhere like J&S Accessories in Digbeth, Bikers World in Coleshill or Hein Gericke somewhere in Brum but I'm not sure where now. All have a good range.
You might want to think in advance about whether you want an "open face" or enclosed helmet cos they'll probably start by asking you that question. And whether it will match the look and colour scheme of the Vespa....."

Crikey! I hadnt thought about matching livery. That throws a whole new level of thinking into the project now - I can see sleepless nights ahead :-/

1 comment:

TRVOR said...

More important - are you going to be a Mod or a Rocker? the shoes are going to be an important decision. You may need to look for the Davie Crocket Racoon tail depending on your answer.