Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rear brake assembly

Im not sure why I'm blogging this really. Its all terribly dull, but I feel a need to record the journey - if for no other reason, it might be useful to show some of the pics to an MOT inspector - he could at least see the quality of the brake linings, or perhaps this might be useful to show a prospective buyer of the scooter should i sell it - again it would be useful, I think, if you could see some of the internals when looking to buy a second hand machine.
So here is another picture. This time of the rear brake assembly. Again, it only took me half an hour to do the inspection, adjustment and clean up - all looks good in there again and the wheel bearings are fine. I don't see any troubles there for an MOT.

1 comment:

TRVOR said...

I think it's a great idea to keep a record of what you doing. Sometimes just writing things down result in a solution that once seen in words is obviously the right one.

I'm pleased to see that you are using the packaging material from you washing machine to stand the bits on. I'm still using two and they have survived well but I have to say the corner mouldings have broken off now. The "nifty kneelers" have got rather thin now and only come out in the garden.