Wednesday, November 29, 2006

3D modeling





Ive noticed that im not taking much notice of anything non-trike. I sit in meetings sketching out swooping lines that connect a rear axle to a headstock with an engine slung in between, I pretend im typing really important things while im browsing ebay for petrol tanks and I dont hear conversations as i dream of prize winning paint jobs.
However this all said, I havent told many people about this project yet - i wouldnt want people to think that the project is distracting me from things im supposed to be doing.
So with this in mind, I had to wait for all my collegues to go home before I could get the Lego out and "model" up a vision for my Trike (dont ask why we have Lego at work!). I guess that if i had to wait for everyone to go home, technically I was doing this in my own time..... but its the dreaming that they cant see me doing during the day :-)
Lego and pipe cleaners seem to be not a bad way of experimenting with 3-dimentional flowing lines. Its important to note that these pictures represent but one style - there are many more to explore yet before final decisions are made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting mock-up. In my mind I saw the lower frame rails running parrallel to the ground from the rear axle along under the engine and then swooping up to join the headstock. But I very much like the look of curved rails (both top and bottom) to produce a teardroop shape when viewed from the side. Though I wonder how a mustang tank will look perched on top of that swooping top rail.........?

spideytim said...

crikey you are taking those pipecleaner lines a bit too literally. I couldn't get them to go straight if i tried ;-)
I dont disagree with your thoughts there, and i think i shall have to go back to the tried and tested pencil to communicate my thoughts