Saturday, November 18, 2006

Some might say "foolish"


When i asked the chap earlier in the week if he thought the car would be safe enough to drive from Manchester back to Birmingham, he said "Oh yes". When Hughie and I arrived this morning expecting to drive it away, the chap was a little suprised - "I didn't think you actually would!" - so i suppose he felt he ought to let us know that the top rad hose was perished and despite his patching up, was peeing water. There was only one thing for it - off to the local autostore for a bit of hose pipe that we we managed to fit while our man made us a cup of tea. So, once that was fitted, and we'd finished our tea and id paid my £230 - (I threw in the extra 8 in return for the "trotters independent traders" valeting pack that came with the car) - what else was there to do but drive the thing home?!
We'd decided that Hugh would drive it as he is covered by his general car insurance - well he "said" he was covered and whilst i did wonder if he really did, I was very grateful and prepared myself as support team in my own car

Things werent looking too good as Hughie found it wouldnt even start!... and we hadnt even left this blokes drive yet! But we bumped it down his drive, it started and we were on off on our 100 mile trip home

No comments: