Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wisdom wins


The great thing about having a team of diverse thinkers with you on a project is twofold. Firstly, as a collective we can cover all angles and create some very novel ideas from the combinations of our different perspectives. Secondly (and perhaps most usefully for me as the captain of this ship) when decisions need to be taken, I can choose the advice that aligns most with the thoughts i already had in my head ..... and still feel as if ive listened to other views :-)
I am really liking the wisdom of my grandfather - "leave well alone and get on with all the other things that needed doing", and that of TVOR - "leave it alone until it stops doing what you want it to". And I think the photo proves that TVOR has got some car time and wisdom on his clock.

And so I am happy to progress and get the car stripped without getting the emissions checked. Afterall, I embarked on the project to enjoy doing the bits that I enjoy doing - and i like taking things apart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We shall view the wisdom of this decision when Tim is pumped and ready to take the trike out on her maiden voyage to the Bulldog Bash only to find that instead he is stripping the top end and fitting new valve guides......