Friday, November 10, 2006

Hmmm, so in my head ive designed the seat and the engine cooling system - but i havent yet got a donor car. I really want to get an engine on the garage floor so i can get a sense of scale and layout of the 4 key items... Front end, Engine/gearbox lump, rear axel and rider.
I really do need a Robin Reliant
I thought the buggers would be ten-a-penny, after all who wants second-hand robin reliant - well as it turns out quite a few people actually. you can drive them on a motor bike licence, they have a 60+ fuel consumption. And it also appears that im not the only person loking to build a reliant based Trike. For the past 4 weeks ive been watching all the Reliants on ebay and what i thought would be easy pickings actually turns out to be a bit of a competition.
I dont want to really pay more than £300 for the car (after all im throwing most of it away - or selling it back on ebay?) and i'd quite like a runner, and wouldn't it be great if it had a MOT so that i could drive it around for a bit for a laugh..... but maybe Im being a bit hopeful at that.
I reckon if i was willing to pay £600, I'd have no problem in getting a good donor vehicle, but damnit, that one grand budget limit is going to test me.
No doubt something will come along, but in the meantime i will have to satisfy myself with sketching out indicator brackets and radiator mounts

No comments: