Sunday, November 26, 2006

The signs were right




Im not supposed to be doing anything on my new project until ive finished all the odd jobs around the house, But all the planets were in alignment today and I really had no choice. Firstly, despite "severe weather" warnings, the sun was out and the wind had dropped. Secondly Dad (AKA as TVOR, now AKA Trevor) was in town. Thirdly, the 3 ladies in my life were out shopping all day. And besides, I HAD done a couple of my chores, so i deserved a little R&R.
I had a plan... To drive the reliant up and down our road once, get it back on the drive out side the house, chop as much body away as I dare, and then drive it up and down again in as minimum state as possible. Once we'd all had our spin (she does drive nicely) to help Hughie and TVOR understand my plan I drew out the cutlines on the plastic body and with a couple of panel saws, a hacksaw and a 4lb club hammer we all set about the poor old reliant with vigour and enthusiasm.
Its amazing how quickly and easily you can chop fibreglass panels away - which was useful because I was keen to get the scrap to the tip before it shut at 4pm. ... and what a lot of scrap we produced. Thank heaven for the offer of some skip space for the big bits from a nieghbour else I'd never have got it all to the tip by the end of the day.

No comments: