Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Now im pretty relaxed about nuts and bolts things. I can get by with most things nutty and bolty, and ive done a few car projects so the idea of the backend of a Trike doesnt scare me, but the front end looks like a motor-bike, and ive never had one of those. My mum would never allow it when i was a kid and my wife would never allow it when i was a grown up, so when i start to think about where and what do i do for a front end I come out in a cold sweat. And so I turn to Hughie again.
Hughie is a motorbike man, hes always had a bike, in fact hes always had several. Hughie knows about bikes, and more than that, he knows about me and we work well together - he knows how to motivate me and so I needed him on my trike team. Hughie is now chief of front end and all things encouraging. However, Hughie alone is not enough. Hughie has a dark side that might bias my progress. Hughie is the man who in order to quickly sell a motor many years ago, patched up a cracked cylinder head with araldite! An attitude like this could severely compromise the integrity of my project, and so a third member of the team is required, A voice of reason, a counter to Hughies shortcuts and my over enthusiasm..... bring on Dad.
Dad is Dad. A man of many talents and engineer extrodinaire - his dock-yard apprentiship was designed to enable a man to create or repair anything that a man might encounter out at sea (the content of this expertese i need none for my decidedly land loving work of art. But the skills, the skills I need)
And so the team is complete. the project is mine, the finacial investment is mine, the creative final say is mine, but the journey and adventure are ours to share. And share we do, that dream of the first start up and first smell of warming engine paint :-)

1 comment:

granny.com said...

your mum wouldn't let you ride a bike when you were a kid????

How about earrings and Dr Martins??

Good luck with your project