Sunday, June 20, 2010

Aladins Cave for scooters

Up early on Saturday to get over to Derby to K and S Scooters. Ive had a couple of emails with Kevin about replacement floor pans and it seemed like he might be able to help me with my requirements, so I took the long haul (about an hour) over to the East Midlands.... and what a delight, when i got there :-)
I was a little anxious when I got to the given address... it was a house! but the lady who answered the door directed me round the back to the garden where Kevin had 3 or 4 garages, a large shed and a massive lockup FULL (literally) to the ceilings with scooter bits. In the lock up, heaps of new and shiny bits; in the garages with reclaimed spares - Vespas and Lambrettas.

Kevin is a jolly nice chap who made me feel very at home as a noobie to the scooter world (ive felt a bit uncomfortable with some suppliers who make me feel like a little boy when I ask my virgin questions) and gave me lots of inspiration - though I have to say, when he saw the photos of my frame, he wondered if it was worth the effort - he would probably have scrapped it and found a replacement frame (£400?) - I wasn't deterred.

So after about of hour of interesting chat about the state of the world and current developments in freight rolling stock, I went away with;
1 x new floor pan. £40
1 x cable set (I decided I might as well renew while ive got access) £30
1 x set of floor runners (im pretty well committed now and will need them - the originals were shot). £30
1 x fuel tank mounting gasket. £4
2 x side panel electrical connectors. £4

So if it werent for a ukulele performance this afternoon I would have got started and have that floor fitted by now ;-)

No comments: