Saturday, June 12, 2010

Getting things in order

I had a sudden panic today. There are so many little tiddley bits that, when it comes to rebuilding, if I forget to get in place at the right time, then I'm buggered to get them in later. I wonder if i should have taken a video of the strip down to give me some clues on the way back.
Getting all the ancillaries off today was pretty straight forward - except for the last 2 or 3 bitches; One bolt holding the regulator, and both connectors for the rear indicator circuit (I had to cut one out in the end I was so frustrated).
Just for reference - if i ever get as far as reassembling this machine. This is the order I think I shall attempt it
1. thread the wiring loom through from the front (dont forget the body grommets)
2. thread the gear/clutch/throttle/brake cables through from the front
3. put the rest of it together

Actually, Ive lost all track of order now. Ive got 160 photos of details that i thought were important during the break down so I hope they will help (I wonder if they are date/time stamped? that would really help)

Whatever - I couldnt get the scooter frame now down to any less parts!

No comments: