Monday, June 28, 2010

Sweat and tears

You see those splashes on the metalwork in this photo. They are popping up all over the frame.
Its rust. Rust from the sweat that I keep dripping as I work!.... or is it tears?
This week we have see the most glorious weather. I would love to have lazed in the sunshine with a cold beer or two, but instead have felt compelled to get this frame finished.
It means that I can work outside - bit more space and less risk of fire, but it also means that Ive been sweating buckets. And when its not dripping onto the frame, its dripping into my helmet - all very unpleasent.
Ive also got a bad case of welders neck burn. I would normally wear a t-shirt under my boiler suit but its been far to hot for that so the open neck of my boiler suit has left me with a bright red V on my chest

1 comment:

TVOR said...

I should have told you about the neck burn. I had exactly the same experience. Try a light silk scalf or just do up the top button on the boiler suit. Since you spend most of the time setting up for the weld you are only "enclosed" for a short time.
If you think it hard having the sweat dripping into your mask try wearing glasses!