Monday, October 04, 2010

Budget up date

Ive been keeping a running list of 'bits to buy', waiting for the last moment to actually go and actually buy them.  However, as I progress with the rebuild I find that I cant actually complete assembling any particular area fully as I'm missing a part here and a bit there.  Everything seems to be dependent on each other, and without all the bits to hand I cant make a logical or efficient progress.  For instance, Ive been dancing around finishing off the petrol tank area because I need to lay in the foot brake wiring, but I cant do that until Ive got a new return spring for the foot brake.
And so I eventually had to bite the bullet and order my list of items.
Once again I turned to the ever helpful Kevin Stannard at K and S Scooters in Derby .

1x  foot-brake spring (the one thats in the foot pedal assembly) - £1
1x  Stand spring - £3
1x  Leg shield edge trim (for sake of budget - probably not stainless) - £12
1x  Rear nearside indicator housing (not the orange lens - mine is ok - but the rest of it) - £10
1x  Vespa badge (for the front of the leg shield ) - £5 
1x  Rear bumper. - £12
1x  Pair of handle bar grips (I prefer simple black rubber ones) - £7
1x  Pair of side panel rubber trims (black) - £8
1x pair mirrors (standard handlebar mount.  chrome round?) - £50
1 x gearchange cable adjuster thread and nut - £1
All in all, with postage - £124.

So that brings my Grand total now to - £659.  Bloody hell - thats a lot more than I thought!  and a lot more than I was intending to spend.  And we have to remind ourselves here that Ive been doing this to a tight budget i.e. no frills, no replacement of parts that can be salvaged, and do all the work myself (though I guess the £320 powder coating might have reduced a little if I'd hand sprayed the frame myself?)

No comments: